Work With UsJoin a team that challenges and cheers for one another.
Calypso is made up of writers, communicators, and creatives
who support each other, challenge each other, and make each other laugh.
Our individual creativity grows exponentially when we get together—whether it’s in a formal brainstorming or as we pull up the latest “you gotta see this” YouTube video at the lunch table.
We’re inspired by our work and energized by our clients’ challenges. We offer generous benefits, from group health insurance to a retirement plan with matching company contributions. We respect work/life balance, and our downtown Portsmouth, NH, location offers no shortage of charm—from parks with seasonal outdoor yoga classes, to unique restaurants, to several coffee shops that give us our caffeine kicks.
Yes, there are perks (company Red Sox outings and early-release “summer Fridays” are two of our favorites), but that’s not a reason to work here. Consider whether, as a talented communicator, you want to make a meaningful contribution to your work and your company—not as a cog in a giant corporate machine, but as, well, you. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee)? We want to hear from you!
Manager of Digital Strategy
This role requires a high level of creativity, exceptional writing skills and experience in success measurement in today’s digital environment.
We are seeking a data-driven and experienced digital leader who can create content for a variety of channels. The ideal candidate will have the capacity to create multi-channel campaign concepts, write blogs, and develop social content for a wide-range of industries, while drawing on his or her experience to identify appropriate metrics and data tools to measure success.
- Be highly proficient in the inbound marketing philosophy and familiar with the HubSpot platform
- Help clients and Calypso identify proper data measurement tools and strategies that further demonstrate ROI for clients in an evolving digital landscape
- Advise clients on social media content and measurement strategies
- Build and manage rich content calendars designed to attract a qualified audience to digital assets (including blog posts, whitepapers, e-books, reports, webinars, etc.), and the ability to draft copy for these types of collateral
- Ability to work with the team as well as work independently, taking initiative where appropriate and asking for help when needed
The right candidate will
- Have past experience producing content for the web, preferably within an agency.
- Be an exceptional writer
- Be able to speak and explain concepts well
- Be Inbound and HubSpot Certified
- A dual-minded approach: be highly creative and an excellent writer while also utilizing data analysis to make decisions and advise clients
- Proficiency with HootSuite, Google Analytics and other cutting-edge measurement tools
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter.
Public Relations Coordinator
Calypso is looking for a highly organized, talented Public Relations Coordinator to join our team. This individual will play an integral role in public relations, corporate communications, and content creation for our company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and ability to pay close attention to details. Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills are essential. The ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and orchestrate many moving parts is a must.
Calypso works with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries. In this role, you will be exposed to many aspects of marketing and public relations, and have the opportunity to learn and grow with Calypso. The right candidate is intelligent, has a can-do attitude, and shares Calypso’s values.
- Strong writing skills with attention to audience, tone, and nuance
- Ability to quickly understand complex information
- Ability to write clear and concise content of varying length and style for a wide variety of audiences (internal, external, stakeholder, consumer) and applications (web, blog, etc).
- Outstanding project management skills; organized
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories
- Create original content (press releases, feature stories, blog posts, website copy, case studies, etc.) for multiple channels and mediums including web, print, social media, news outlets, and trade publications.
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Support agency account teams with research, planning, and execution of client campaigns
- Conduct and analyze research
- Proofread and copyedit multi-page documents and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related areas
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Travel and extended hours may be required
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter.